- Do you drive a certain brand of car because your Dad preferred one or the other? Do you find it hard to let your body relax because your mother told you that “girls don’t sit like that”.
- Do you believe a certain theory or have an academic viewpoint because of your own thoughts on the matter or are they largely formed by the murmurings of your favourite lecturer?
- Are you scared to view your viewpoint because you fear scrutiny?
- Do you not want to tell your partner about your sexual needs or desires because your mother made you believe that girls should not talk about or even dare enjoy sex?
- Are you scared to be rich because you subconsciously believe that all rich people had to have at some point have pawned their soul to the devil or have done something illegal to get so rich?
- Do you get nervous and walk faster when a person of colour walks past you in a dark street at night?
- Do you believe that “blood is thicker than water” or “the only thing in life you have is your dignity and your reputation” or many of the anecdotes used by our parents to teach us to follow their moral code.
Love and Moonlight, Leonie